2015 was a busy year for OBW. Here is a quick rundown of our projects and activities in 2015. Our projects basically began at the beginning of the school year, in August.
- Teacher’s Appreciation
- At the beginning of the school year, the first week the teachers were back at work, OBW provided a barbecue lunch at the Wildwood Community Center for all of the teachers at WWES and WMHS, as well as the Wildwood Police and Fire Departments. We gave away many gift baskets full of school supplies, gift cards, and other small tokens of our appreciation for the teachers and staff.
- In December, every teacher at WWES and WMHS was given a small box of Russell Stover candy and a hand-written note of appreciation.
- School Supplies
- An email was written to every teacher at WMHS asking for their top 3 needs in their classroom. Around 50% of those needs were met. The needs included things such as pencils, pens, paper, hand sanitizer, stickers, post-its, SD Cards, drumsticks, and hole-punches. There are still many needs in the classrooms. To find out what needs still need to be met, fill out the contact form found on the Home Page.
- School supplies were supplied for students in August and again in December.
- School Uniforms
- Fundraising for school uniforms occurred throughout the year. Hundreds of dollars has been given through OBW to both WWES and WMHS.
- School Beautification
- Volunteers came in abundance for the WWES school clean-up and beautification project in August.
- Cookies for teachers
- Twice a month (once a month at each school), about 20 dozen homemade cookies are delivered to the teachers.
- School Field Trips
- Fundraising for school field trips began in late 2015 and continued through the beginning of march 2016. On March 2, 2016, $2400 was hand-delivered to Mr. Temple, the WWES principal, earmarked for school field trips. This should cover all planned field trips for each grade during the spring of 2016.
- Wildwood is a Title 1 school, meaning that the school is not allowed (by law) to ask families for money for school field trips. If the money is not donated, they do not go on field trips.
We plan to continue our work in 2016. If you would like to partner with us or donate, please use the contact form on the Home Page.